Feb. 4-5, 2019
At AcademyHealth’s 2019 National Health Policy Conference in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 4-5, 2019, sponsored by NPC, health care thought leaders from the public and private sectors will share the latest evidence and discuss the most critical issues and immediate policy priorities in United States health care. Don’t miss the panel on “The New Norm? Value Frameworks Based on Cost-Effectiveness Determining Who Gets What?” moderated by NPC Chief Science Officer and Executive Vice President Robert W. Dubois, MD, PhD, on Tuesday, Feb. 5, from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m, where he will discuss value assessment frameworks and cost effectiveness.
Tuesday, Feb. 5
The New Norm? Value Frameworks Based on Cost-Effectiveness Determining Who Gets What?
11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
The use of “value frameworks” seeks to bring more consistency and transparency to payer decision-making. However, CVS’ decision to utilize ICER’s value assessments in its formulary management appears to be an important milestone in the cost-effectiveness debate. A multi-stakeholder roundtable will take on this new branch of the value discussion.
- Robert W. Dubois, MD, PhD, Chief Science Officer and Executive Vice President, National Pharmaceutical Council (Moderator)
- Steven Pearson, M.D., M.Sc., Founder and President, Institute for Clinical and Economic Review
- Surya Singh, MD, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Specialty Pharmacy, CVS Health
- Eleanor M. Perfetto, PhD, MS, Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, National Health Council
- Amir Bassiri, MSW, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo