In September 2018, NPC partnered with Discern Health to convene a roundtable of expert stakeholders to better understand the current state of patient-reported measurement in oncology and chart a path to a more patient-centered state. Building on the roundtable activities, interviews with subject matter experts, and other research, NPC and Discern developed a white paper that offers policy recommendations for improving patient-reported measures in oncology value-based payment programs.
Join us for a webinar, led by roundtable co-chairs Drs. Mark McClellan, Director, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy, and Ethan Basch, Director, Cancer Outcomes Research Program, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, to explore action steps for bringing the patient voice into oncology value-based payment programs.
The webinar panelists will:
- Provide a high-level overview of patient-reported measures in oncology, including current use in programs such as the Oncology Care Model (OCM) and Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS);
- Share findings and policy recommendations from the NPC and Discern Health research; and
- Engage a diverse panel of stakeholders in discussing how to implement patient-reported measures in programs while ensuring appropriate resources are available and measures are meaningful to patients.
- Mark McClellan, MD, PhD (co-chair), Director, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Ethan Basch, MD, MSc (co-chair), Director, Cancer Outcomes Research Program, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Kimberly Westrich, MA, VP, Health Services Research, National Pharmaceutical Council
- Theresa Schmidt, MA, Director, Discern Health
- Andy Baskin, MD, VP, National Medical Director, Aetna
- Ann Fish-Steagall, BSN, RN, OCN, Director of Clinical Policy, Biologics
- Sally Okun, RN, MMHS, VP Policy & Ethics, PatientsLikeMe
- W. Garth Callaghan, Patient, Napkin Notes Dad