Research Manager (Sr. Manager or Director title considered depending on experience)
National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC)
Washington, DC; other locations/remote considered
About the Team
Founded in 1953 and supported by the nation’s leading research-based biopharmaceutical companies, the National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC) focuses on developing research, disseminating information, educating, and communicating on the critical issues of the evidence and value of innovative biopharmaceuticals for patient health. From advancing patient access and affordability of medicines, to analyzing the impact of policies on innovation, to contributing to the national discussion on the value of biopharmaceuticals, NPC team members are on the cutting edge of public policy issues.
About the Role
NPC is seeking a Research Manager to join our research team. You will be responsible for working with research staff and external collaborators in developing and delivering on NPC’s portfolio of conceptual health policy and health outcomes projects. Using your understanding of the evolving health care environment, you will work on relevant research projects and partnerships and help convey the results and implications of NPC’s research to public and private policy stakeholders. If you are an experienced researcher with a passion for improving the lives of patients, and want to help shape the health policy discussion, we are looking for you.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with a dynamic team of researchers, partners, and communicators to identify, develop and deliver on critical policy-relevant topics
- Leverage your strategic thinking skills, understanding of the current and evolving environment stresses on the health care system and the challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry to identify areas of research to address these topics in a way that advances the dialogue
- Make complex decisions to solve even the toughest and multifaceted problems, interpret implications from available data and forecast potential downstream implications, and add personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusions and solutions
- Deliver on outcomes by attacking mission critical activities with drive and energy
- Are willing to travel as needed to meet NPC objectives (10% - 30%)
- Lead by example in a rapidly changing environment
We are excited about you because...
- You have at least 5 years' experience in pharmacoeconomics, health economics, health outcomes research, health policy, health services research, or a related field
- You have a fundamental understanding of health policy and health services research methods
- You have strong written and oral communication skills
- You understand the key issues facing the biopharmaceutical industry
- You are fiercely interested in health policy issues that affect the biopharmaceutical industry and patient health outcomes
- You are a team player with an open mind, great listening skills, curiosity, and a positive attitude
NPC is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and is an EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to NPC Vice President of Research Michael Ciarametaro.