The National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC) is a health policy research organization dedicated to the advancement of good evidence and science, and to fostering an environment in the United States that supports medical innovation.
- Accountable Care Organizations
- (-) Alternative Payment Models
- Biopharmaceutical Innovation
- (-) Clinical Pathways
- Elements of Value
- Evidence for Decision Making
- Good Practices for Evidence
- Health Care Quality Measures
- Health Spending
- Health Spend Management
- High-Deductible Health Plans
- Impact on Outcome & Spending
- Individual Treatment Effects & Personalized Access
- (-) NPC News
- Pandemic Response
- Patient Centered Formulary & Benefit Design
- Patient Cost Sharing
- Paying for Cures
- Policy & Regulatory Barriers
- Real-World Data
- Real-World Evidence
- Regulatory Barriers & Challenges
- Understanding Health Spending
- Utilization Management & Step Therapy
- Value-Based Contracts
- Value-Based Insurance Design
- Value Assessment
- Value Assessment Frameworks
- Value Assessment Methods
Showing 7 Results
Are Value-based Arrangements the Answer We’ve Been Waiting for?
This NPC study explored the use of value-based arrangements as a mechanism for cost containment in the United States, noting the strengths and limitations of these tools.
U.S. Care Pathways: Continued Focus on Oncology and Outstanding Challenges
A peer-reviewed study assessed changes in development, implementation, and evaluation of care pathways, and reviewed the latest evidence on integration of pathways with value-based care initiatives…
National Pharmaceutical Council 2018 Annual Report
2018 marked NPC’s 65th anniversary as a leader in health research and policy.
Are Payers Ready to Address the Financial Challenges Associated with Gene Therapy?
NPC and the Analysis Group conducted market research to explore payer views of the potential roles that existing and new alternative payment approaches could play in managing the financial risk and…
Designing Successful Bundled Payment Initiatives
The National Pharmaceutical Council led a study that identified three principles intended to maximize the positive aspects and minimize the negative consequences of bundled payments.
Care Pathways in U.S. Health Care Settings: Current Successes and Limitations, and Future Challenges
Care pathways, also known as clinical pathways or integrated care pathways, are typically characterized as a method for managing patient care based on clinical practice guidelines, with the main…