Michael Ciarametaro serves as the National Pharmaceutical Council's vice president of research. In this position, Mr. Ciarametaro conducts health policy research focused on addressing rising health spending and better aligning stakeholder incentives with value.
Mr. Ciarametaro has 20 years of experience creating value in the health care system through policy, research and leadership. His cross-disciplinary expertise spans multiple roles (policy researcher, strategic value and market access consultant, financial analyst, operations and process designer) and multiple areas of the health care ecosystem (health policy research organization, biopharmaceutical industry, private payers, public payers). For the past six-plus years, Mr. Ciarametaro has been focused on health policy research with an emphasis on addressing rising health spending and better aligning stakeholder incentives with value.
Mr. Ciarametaro holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Virginia and received his MBA from George Mason University.
- Ciarametaro, Michael, et al. "The Dollar or Disease Burden: Caps on Healthcare Spending May Save Money, but at What “Cost” to Patients?." Value in Health 24.3 (2021): 388-396.
- Hollin L, González J, Buelt L, Ciarametaro M, Dubois R. Do Patient Preferences Align with Value Frameworks? A Discrete-Choice Experiment of Patients with Breast Cancer. MDM Policy Practice. June 2020.
- Wamble D, Ciarametaro M, Dubois R. Barriers and Solutions to the Inclusion of Broader Benefits in Biopharmaceutical Value Assessments. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. February 2020.
- Wamble D, Ciarametaro M, Houghton K, Ajmera M, Dubois RW. What's Been the Bang for the Buck? Cost-Effectiveness of Health Care Spending Across Selected Conditions in the US. Health Affairs. January 2019.
- McNichol J, Nichols LM, Aiyar S, Buelt L, Ciarametaro M, Dubois RW. Prioritizing Health Care Spending: Engaging Employees in Health Care Benefit Design. National Pharmaceutical Council. November 2018.
- Wamble DE, Ciarametaro M, Dubois R. The Effect of Medical Technology Innovations on Patient Outcomes, 1990-2015: Results of a Physician Survey. Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy. January 2019
- Ciarametaro M, Long G, Johnson M, Kirson N, Dubois RW. Are Payers Ready to Address the Financial Challenges Associated with Gene Therapy?. Health Affairs. June 2018.