The National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC) and The American Journal of Managed Care are hosting a webinar on health care spending on Nov. 10 from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. ET.
When it comes to controlling health care spending, we need to allocate scarce resources based upon what brings the greatest value to patients and our health care system. Recent studies that examined health care improvements in life expectancy and patient well-being over 20 years found that spending in two areas often maligned for their costs - biopharmaceuticals and public health - account for much of those improvements. How do we balance value, costs and health improvements?
In this webinar, gain insights from leaders from NPC, Harvard University and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan as they discuss the studies and dive deeper into the implications of health spending on public health efforts and pharmaceuticals.
- Moderator: Robert W. Dubois, MD, PhD, Interim President and CEO, NPC
- Mariam Alboustani, RPh, Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Medicare Pharmacy Services, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Jason Buxbaum, MHSA, PhD, Candidate, Program in Health Policy, Harvard University
- Michael Ciarametaro, MBA, Vice President, Research, NPC
- David Cutler, PhD, Otto Eckstein Professor of Applied Economics, Harvard University
For more information, visit the NPC-AJMC Strategic Alliance Partnership website.