NPC was honored to be a part of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) 2022 Annual Meeting Poster Presentations on Thursday, March 31.
Poster Title: "Medication Adherence and Subsequent Healthcare Resource Utilization Among Patients with Cancer Newly Initiating their Oral Anticancer Medication"
Background: The anticancer treatment landscape has changed considerably over the past decade with the introduction of many new oral medications. Non-adherence to oral anticancer medications (OAM) may lead to poorer health outcomes and increased healthcare resource utilization (HRU).
Objectives: To determine the association between medication adherence and subsequent all-cause HRU among patients who initiated OAM.
- Andrew Descoteaux, MS, Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Rhode Island
- Stephen Kogut, PhD, MBA, Professor, College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island
- Patrick Campbell, PharmD, PhD, Senior Director Research, Pharmacy Quality Alliance
- Megha Parikh, PhD, MS, Senior Research Scientist
- Amanda Green, MPH, Research Associate, National Pharmaceutical Council
- Kimberly Westrich, MA, Vice President of Health Services Research, National Pharmaceutical Council
- Ami Vyas, PhD, MS, MBA, Assistant Professor, HEOR, College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island