“Specialty drug use and healthcare utilization vary by wage level in employer-sponsored health plans,” presented by NPC’s Research Associate, Amanda Green, was recognized by a panel of judges as the best poster at the 2022 Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA) Annual Meeting Poster Session. The poster session was sponsored by Pharmacy Quality Solutions.
PQA is the national quality organization where health care decision makers come together to improve medication safety, adherence and appropriate use. A measure developer, researcher, educator and convener, PQA’s quality initiatives support better medication use and high-quality care.
* * * * *
Poster Title: "Specialty drug use and healthcare utilization vary by wage level in employer-sponsored health plans"
Background: Expenditures on specialty medications for autoimmune conditions (SpRx-AIC) have increased considerably in recent years, raising affordability concerns for employers, and resulting in greater patient cost sharing.
Objectives: To assess the association of wage status on SpRx-AIC use and cost patterns among employees with employer-sponsored health insurance.
- Amanda Green, MPH, Research Associate, National Pharmaceutical Council
- Brian Sils, MPP, formerly Research Manager, National Pharmaceutical Council
- Bruce Sherman, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor, Case Western Reserve University
- Leah Kamin, MPH, Anaylitic Advisor, IBM Watson Health
- Kimberly Westrich, MA, formerly Vice President of Health Services Research, National Pharmaceutical Council