Virtual Conference | Monday, May 17, 2021 - Thursday, May 20, 2021
National Pharmaceutical Council experts and research partners will participate on several panel discussions during Virtual ISPOR 2021, an online meeting running from May 17-20, 2021.
Be sure to check out the following panel presentations:
Pre-released Session: Advancing Employer Engagement on VALUE Assessment
- Jennifer Bright, MPA, Executive Director, Innovation and Value Initiative
- Elisabeth M. Oehrlein, PhD, MS, Senior Director, Research and Programs, National Health Council
- Margaret Rehayem, MA, Vice President, National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalition
- Kimberly Westrich, MA, National Pharmaceutical Council, Vice President for Health Services Research
This workshop will provide lessons learned from three projects focused on improving employer evidence needs and engagement in value assessment. These findings will inform how current methods can better account for health plan attributes that matter to employers.
Breakout Session: One of These Years Is Not like Others- Real-World Data in the Times of COVID-19. Did the Pandemic Change the Way We Generate and Interpret Real-World Evidence?
Thursday, May 20, 2021
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET
- Jeffrey Brown, PhD, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute and Harvard Medical School
- Jacqueline Corrigan-Curay, JD, MD, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Jennifer Graff, PharmD (Moderator)
- Matthew Reynolds, PhD, IQVIA
The effects of COVID-19 on the health care-seeking behaviors and provisions have resulted in increased use of telemedicine, delays in routine care, prescribing behaviors changes, and variation in treatment availability and preferences. For real-world evidence studies including data from 2020 and beyond, do the effects of COVID-19 have impacts on data quality, selection bias, treatment patterns, or health resource utilization? And if so, how should these challenges be mitigated?