NPC was excited to join global health care leaders as they convened at ISPOR 2022, May 15-18!
ISPOR 2022, the leading global conference for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) discussed and disseminated the latest trends in health care. The meeting was held at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, MD.
NPC was featured throughout the week:
- Monday, May 16: Special Student Session and Networking Event, featuring NPC’s Health Care Spending Guiding Principles
- Tuesday, May 17: Breakout Session: Could Gene Therapy Value-Based Purchasing Become Common Thanks to the New CMS Rule on Medicaid Best Price?
- Monday, May 16 – Wednesday, May 18: Booth #221
For meeting highlights, visit the ISPOR 2022 website.
Special Student Session on NPC's Health Care Spending Guiding Principles
"A Checklist for Assessing Health Care Spending Estimates and Policies for Patient-centered Care"
Date: Monday, May 16 | 6:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. ET (followed by a student networking reception)
Description: The National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC) launched its “Health Care Spending Guiding Principles,” which assesses health care spending estimates and policies to ensure alignment with the goals of patient-centered care. These principles are intended to guide a rigorous, evidence-based evaluation and discussion of health care spending estimates and policies and aim to improve health care spending efficiency and maximize patient health.
Speaker: Michael Ciarametaro, MBA, Vice President, Research, National Pharmaceutical Council
"Could Gene Therapy Value-Based Purchasing Become Common Thanks to the New CMS Rule on Medicaid Best Price?"
Date: Tuesday, May 17 | 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. ET
Description: The session explored the use of alternative payment approaches managing financial risk associated with curative therapies, explained how a 2021 CMS rule could lead to widespread adoption of Value-Based Purchasing Arrangements (VBPs), detailed remaining challenges, and discussed how those challenges can be overcome by a combination of clever implementation and eventually, legislative enhancements to the Medicaid Drug Rebate Program.
- Mark Trusheim, MS, BS, Strategic Director, NEWDIGS, and Visiting Scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Michael Ciarametaro, MBA, Vice President, Research, National Pharmaceutical Council
- Dorothy Hoffman, MPP, Access Innovation Lead, Healthcare Innovation Center, Pfizer
- Gail Ryan, PharmD, Senior Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Point32Health (Harvard Pilgrim Health Care & Tufts Health Plan)
NPC Sponsor and Exhibitor
Learn more about our research and resources
NPC was proud to support ISPOR 2022 as an exhibitor and meeting sponsor.